The checkmark symbol has the advantage of triggering the good “done” feeling with just one character. It cannot be found directly on the PC keyboard, we will show you how to easily tick the box in Word or Excel, in HTML, Facebook or elsewhere – as a copy & paste template or using the special characters.
A checkmark (“Bird”, “Jackdaw”) is a graphic and computer sign indicating consent and used in a wide range of documents, especially often in ballots or sociological tests.
The so-called Checkmark symbol is necessary in some cases when designing text.
In particular, it is used to confirm consent (for data processing, for participation, etc.), indicating the correct answer and in many other cases.
What a tick symbol happens, how to put it in documents, messages and posts on the Internet is described in this material.
What are the ticks? Depending on the general style of the text, its type of design, the reason for affixing a character, you can choose one or another of its type:
- “Handwritten” in a square window.
- Printed in a square window.
If we are talking about the use of emoticons (from the phone, on the social network), then the checkmark can also be colored (of a particular color depending on the type of operating system).
The symbol is used, most often, as follows:
- For the design of lists – “handwritten.”
- For the design of individual ideas, thoughts – printed.
- To fill out the answers to the question – in the box.
The material below discusses methods for affixing one type or another of a sign.
Checkmark Symbol Copy Paste In Word
The easiest way to put down the character you need is to copy it from this material.
Position the mouse cursor to the left of the symbol, hold down the left key and select it.
Then press Ctrl + C to copy, and then move the cursor to the desired location and press Ctrl + V to paste the character.
This method is the simplest and fastest, but it is only suitable for a single insertion of a character. If you need it often enough, then use other methods.
How to type Checkmark symbol on mac
Option / ALT + v
The character can be manually typed directly from the keyboard by entering the U + sign and then the checkmark code.
However, this approach only works in browsers and on those operating systems in which Unicode recognition is configured.
By default, such a function is not available, it is quite long and difficult to configure it, and not all users know how to do it.
Therefore, it is much easier to apply a special character to the Word.
In order to do this, follow the algorithm:
- Start creating a new document or open the one in which you want to create an icon. Click the left mouse button to position the cursor where you want the checkmark. In the top menu ribbon, locate the Insert tab (third from left) and expand it.
- In the right part of the function ribbon, find the Symbol link and click on it.
- A small drop-down menu will open – the presence of a checkmark in it is initially unlikely, therefore, most likely, you will need to go to the Other symbols section.
- A window opens with an expanded list of special characters. You should practically not change anything in it – the font does not matter. You can simply scroll down the list of characters with the default settings until you find a checkmark there.
- Choose a set of Dingbats. Please note that the encoding in the lower field must be Unicode hex.
- A list of checkmarks will appear in the list that opens – select the one that suits you and simply click on it.
- The second way to add this icon is to enter its code, the same as for the browser in the lower field Code of the sign. It is also important that the encoding remains Unicode hex. Immediately after this, the system will open the sign you need and you just have to click on it.
If a checkmark is added to the document in this way, then it is fully functional and can undergo all the same changes and modifications as the text in the document.
You can change its color, size, font, highlight and more.
Checkmark Symbol In Browser
Since absolutely all browsers recognize Unicode 16-bit encoding, you can add check marks to the text as follows:
• Press U and +.
• After that, without spaces, enter the code of the character you need – the browser will immediately recognize it as a tick.
The method works at absolutely any stage of Internet activity – posting, replying to a message, and more.
The numerical symbols are as follows:
• U + 2713 – the usual check mark.
• U + 2714 – Bold.
• U + 2705 – highlighted, squared.
• U + 2611 – squared, not selected.
With good knowledge of characters and high typing speed, using this input method is even faster than looking for a character in emoticons.
Checkmark symbol in HTML
|U + 2713 (10003)||✓||checkmark|
|U + 2714 (10004)||✔||Fat check mark|
|U + 2611 (9745)||☑||Checked box *|
|U + 2610 (9744)||☐||*Casket|
Checkmark symbol Emoticons
Many options for checkboxes are hidden in emoticons on Android and iOS.
They are located in the Symbols section and can be made in different colors, depending on the type of operating system.
When typing messages on social networks, most often, such a sign is also present, and it is also transferred to the Symbols or Special Designations section.
And in order not to look for the character purposefully, you can always copy the smiley code.
for more symbols